cox graae + spack architects designed a Student Activities Center for St. Anselm’s Abbey School, a Benedictine Monastery and college preparatory school for boys grades 6-12. The new facility upgrades the school’s aging athletic facilities and creates a large gathering space for theatrical performances and weekly mass. cg+s designed the adaptive reuse of the 1930’s gymnasium into a theater space with tiered seating and a raised stage. A new three-level fitness center overlooking the adjacent athletic fields includes a gymnasium, a wrestling room, weight-training facilities, locker rooms, conference rooms and offices. A light-filled atrium connects the new and old structures and serves as a lobby and cafeteria.