cox graae + spack architects designed the restoration and addition to the c. 1856 Ware-Lyndon House to accommodate the Lyndon House Arts Center. The house is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and had been housing municipal functions since its purchase by the city of Athens in 1939. cg+s designed the restoration to exhibit the residence of a prominent Athens family in the mid-to-late Victorian era. A new addition was designed to accommodate a variety of community and arts functions including multifunction meeting spaces, education facilities, and artist studios. Exhibition spaces were designed to meet security, lighting and HVAC criteria for the Smithsonian Traveling Exhibition program.